Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 11.0 and the Non-ready KDE4
  • From: JB2 <yonaton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:20:02 -0600
On Thu 14 February 08 07:37, Kai Ponte wrote:

On Wednesday 13 February 2008 10:56:11 pm Alexey Eremenko wrote:
Is the 11.0 Build going to default to this alpha-stage

> pile, and give newbies (who don't know better) a totally
> HORRIBLE impression of both Suse and Linux?

you're not a software developer are you?

I'm a BETA tester, so he is correct. KDE4 works like Alpha version.

The comment was made to Aaron.

But you didn't *answer* the question, you just had a snarky remark.

expected to have bugs and other interaction issues. Even though KDE 4.0 is
released, we've yet to see KDE 4.0 (final) in openSUSE 11.0 until these
Alpha versions. There will be interaction issues and they may (or may not)
be able to complete these by release time.

*That*, was a better answer. It doesn't completely answer his question,
since as far as I know you're not an Opensuse dev, but it's a start at least.

--
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Religion - it's not just for breakfast anymore...murderers, dictators, child
molesters and all other similar ilk use it daily too!