Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 11.0 and the Non-ready KDE4
  • From: "M9." <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:16:40 +0100

JB2 schreef:

| Again, I say 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!'. Kalarm from 7.3 to 9.3
| worked well...now it doesn't in 10.3. There was no reason to have
changed a
| thing about it since no one as far as I know or remember never reading
about,
| ever complained about it *not* working.

Yes, i find it horrible to find apps that worked correct, don't after
trying to make them better.. :-( (sometimes better, means: worse..)

Or an app that is broken for so long, i can't even remember: KOrganizer,
which can't be shut off from appearing in the system tray...
I just leave it, because for me it is too unimportant to do something
about it.
I don't ever use it...
But when apps i use/need, don't work, i want something done about them
get to work again, first try myself, if that doesn't work, find a
replacement, try help in fi this list, in between: use the replacement,
not fixed: Bugreport. No response? Use the replacement, and get used to it.
For Final releases this is...

For Alpha's and Beta's: bugreports have to be made, for the devs to keep
track what is going on, and not to forget what *has* to be fixed.

About KDE4, as said: It makes a realistic chance to be usable before
final, if the speed of developing remains the same as the last few
weeks. Bugfree is impossible! There is no DE without bugs, everybody
knows this.
If people find the same behaviour, which should not be like that: is not
intended, search the bugzilla for same beaviour, and vote for the bug,
the sooner it will be fixed. (i hope ;)

- --

Have a nice day,

M9. Now, is the only time that exists.

~ OS: Linux 2.6.22.17-0.1-default x86_64
~ Huidige gebruiker: monkey9@AMD64x2-sfn1
~ Systeem: openSUSE 10.3 (x86_64)
~ KDE: 3.5.7 "release 72.6"