Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 11.0 and the Non-ready KDE4
  • From: Kevin Dupuy <kevindupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:59:38 -0600
On Feb 13, 2008, at 5:27 PM, Anders Johansson wrote:

On Wednesday 13 February 2008 21:33:27 Aaron Kulkis wrote:
The KDE devs need to be hit witha clue-bat.

No, you do

This should be called KDE 4.0 Alpha.

Significantly missing functionality and crashes
of critical software (konsole) means not ready
for Beta-test designation.

The missing functionality I can (partly) agree with, but the crashes are
mostly an 11.0 phenomenon. I've been running KDE4 on 10.3 from the build
service for a while now, and while I have seen a few problems, mostly it's
been working very well. Certainly not the crash fest that seems to be going
on in 11.0 (which by the way *is* an alpha)

I personally suspect the new version of gcc

Anders

I agree. Obviously, Aaron has some fascination with verbally threatening developers he doesn't agree with... but anyway. I haven't run 11.0 alphas yet, I'm probably going to start with Alpha 3, but I did run 4.0 under 10.3 and I thought it worked pretty well. Missing features, I saw some. I'm not typically a KDE user, but some I did see.

I'm optimistic about KDE 4.x's 11.0 progress and I think it will work well when the release is here. Of course, I'm also a Ron Paul supporter, so maybe some optimism is running abundant right now...
--
Madness takes its toll

Ain't that the truth...

--
Kevin "Yo" Dupuy | Public Mail: <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hope for America: Ron Paul for President <RonPaul2008.com>