Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 11.0 and the Non-ready KDE4
  • From: Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:49:17 -0500
On Monday 11 February 2008 05:12:13 pm M. Skiba wrote:
Am Montag, 11. Februar 2008 14:29:13 schrieb Kai Ponte:
On Monday 11 February 2008 03:10:26 am Alexey Eremenko wrote:
Hi all !

Just installed openSUSE 11.0, with a KDE 4 desktop, and I can say that
it is not ready.

Not only it is full of bugs and crashes, but it is also lacks
features.

Meh - how many crashes did it have for you? It looks pretty, but not
very usable. :P

Very likely, that KDE 4 will not be ready for openSUSE 11.0
final.

I dunno - Jolt Cola can do wonders to an Operating System...

It is highly unlikely that even KDE 4.1 will be stable-enough and
feature complete for day-to-day usage.

No - we're gonna have to wait for KDE 5.0, as it will be an odd-numbered
version.

Please provide an option to choose KDE3 desktop during setup.
Otherwise all KDE users will be in big trouble with openSUSE 11.

I doubt they'd release a buggy 4.0 on a major distribution point version
such as 11.0.

I don't know when OS 11 is about to release, but I know the release plan
for KDE 4.1 says it should be released on the 29th of July, of course, it
can be delayed during the Alpha, Beta & RC periode - but let's see what
happens ;)

Till then I can only recommend to use as much KDE 4.0.x in your spare time
(of course if you've work to be done - then use 3.5.x) and report as many
problems as possible against BKO ;)

Is there a one place,, one bug report somewhere ? where we all just add our
comments??

Bob S