Re: [opensuse] Removing hardware safely
  • From: Bryen <suseROCKS@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 19:03:10 -0500

On Sun, 2007-11-04 at 07:36 +0800, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
On 11/04/2007 01:31 AM, Bryen wrote:
Thanks. Actually, what I was looking for was whether there were
procedures within suse to tell it that the device will no longer exist
in the system. Physically removing the hardware as you described, I
can do. :-)

You could run Yast2, Hardware, Hardware Information, which causes it to
rescan all your hardware and possibly get rid of left over info
regarding the removed hardware.

--
Joe Morris

That's a good tidbit to know. I appreciate you and everyone else chiming in
with the good advice.

As it turns out, unlike my 9.3 days, this was a non-event. Computer
didn't balk at all. :-)

Thanks all!

--
---Bryen---