[opensuse] How do I find out why my server crashed?
  • From: Kevin Thorpe <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:59:48 +0100
My server crashed last night and I can't see anything in the logs as to why. I couldn't ssh in so I connected a screen and keyboard, the screen stayed on standby and I couldn't even toggle the caps-lock. I'm thinking that it was a kernel panic but without the screen I don't know what caused it. I can't see anything except a huge gap in the logs so they're no help. Is there anywhere else I can look to try and find out what the problem was so I can stop it happening again? I don't appreciate being dragged out of bed and half-way across the city by our Australian friends who can't go to bed at a sensible time.

thanks