[opensuse] Starting KDE4
  • From: "Stephen P. Molnar" <s.molnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:13:48 -0400
I just used YAST2 to install KDE4.

According to en.opensuse.org/KDE4 'The KDE4 package install into the /usr prefix hence KDE3 and KDE4 can be installed at the same time.' After the installation process was finished there were no /usr prefix subdirectories. The only KDE4 specific s/d's I can find are /usr/lib/kde4 and /usr/share/kde4. Although perhaps I have missed some.

My question is how do I start KDE4? Happily, startx at the command prompt still starts KDE3.5 so I haven't hosed my desktop.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.