Re: [opensuse] Resetting xterm?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:36:26 +0100 (CET)

The Tuesday 2006-12-19 at 16:27 +0100, Manfred Hollstein wrote:

> This is clearly an application bug; if an application changes some
> attributes of the display, it is responsible to reset them to the
> initial status when it is closed. I'd call this gentle behaviour, at
> least.

Right. Now that you mention that, I remember than I have this problem
after I kill some app, so they didn't have much chance.

> You can reset the xterm, however, by pressing the Ctrl key and
> clicking the middle mouse button inside the xterm; this pops up a menu
> from which you can choose to do a "Soft Reset" or a "Full Reset".

I had tried that before, didn't work.

However, I was using "less file" on that xterm and that did reset it...
curious. Or it exited leaving what it had used internally.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.