Re: [opensuse] Suse 10.2 +KDE +Evolution
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:42:02 +0100
On Monday 11 December 2006 20:57, Art Fore said:
> I have a problem with evolution where everytine it goes out to check
> email or send email, it asks for the the password eventhough I have the
> remember password box checked. I sent a but report to Ximian and got the
> following back.

> so this sounds like a future FAQ for folks using evo under KDE then. :-/
> feel free to close as NOTABUG, or to add a workaround for KDE people in
> SuSE
> (wasn't the whole game about making the use of computers easier? ;-) ,
> or to
> reassign to gnome-keyring-manager or whatever... :-)

What was the bug report #? I couldn't find it in b.n.c under your email
address.

I've been pushing for better interop and
the "not-starting-gnome-keyring-thingy-outside-gnome" issue was supposed to
be fixed, but I have just checked with 10.2 and I see that it isn't :@. But
we have a window of time now where we could do something about it.

For a permanent workaround, put this in a file $HOME/bin/my-evolution:
"
eval `gnome-keyring-daemon`
evolution
"

Then edit the KDE menu entry for evolution so that it launches
$HOME/bin/my-evolution instead of evolution.

Will