Re: [opensuse] Invitation to OpenSUSE developers
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 06:02:42 -0800
On Monday 27 November 2006 03:47, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
> On Saturday 25 November 2006 23:03, John Andersen wrote:
<snip>

> with Novell, Redhat and other distros, you can expect some controversial
> changes to be done, because there is some risk taken in order to innovate:
>
> - 3D desktop was introduced
> - Desktops with usability changes in mind.
<snip>

> just my 2 cents.

Excellent post, Duncan. I plan to keep this around and utilize it for
reminding myself why one would like a full-fledged distro like SUSE and why
you people over at suse.de and novell.com are working so hard every day.

Thanks!

Oh, and many thanks to SUSE for helping out on my recent little vacation. On
the road - four hours - I had SUSE running two shows on the laptop for the
kids in the back seat. In the hotel, SUSE found the most appropriate WiFi
connection and was able to help me make (a) museum and (b) dinner
reservations without needing the phone line.

--
kai

a turn signal is a statement, not a request