Re: [opensuse] Invitation to OpenSUSE developers
  • From: Druid <marcio.ferreira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 17:59:47 -0200
happen faster in most cases. Developers do need to eat.

Mark believes that operating systems ought to be pretty close to free
when it comes to paying for them.

Developers need to eat and all you want is a free ride, am I correct?
Developers need to eta so lets screw novell, that dont hire a lot of
developers right? Try to make some sense

He stated that his post (which is available elsewhere) would be
controversial. Not only does he say that he respects the developers, he

No, translate controversial to 100 % trollish. Saying to ahve respect
is different than acting respectfully.

has shown it. From his wording, several Suse developers have contacted
him, it appears.

Yeah, how can you know that? Are you himself, the Queen?

He's offering volunteer positions for those who wish
to stay as volunteers in a GPL-centric environment, one where it's known
the rules don't change.

I'm not that sure. Last time I checked Canonical was a company
(surprise, yes a company) that wants to profit, right? That could
include the binary blobs by default on it right? Thats is not an angel
of the skies bringing heaven to people right?

Some of those people WILL end up with paid
positions. Mark has the money to make that happen, and the authority to
make it happen as well.

So does Novell

Take a look at Mark's comments in the spirit intended. He has PROVEN
he's respectful of the developers. He's got some radically different

The answers out there from the suse community has shown a different
thing. And respect is not what he gets from me.

I believe your emails also does not belong to this list. Its more like
in the list of mark fan-club. So next one take it to that list, and
not here

thanks

Marcio
---
druid
fucking tired of seeig people thinking that some are holier and more
saint than others