[opensuse] Re: [opensuse-project] Invitation to OpenSUSE developers
  • From: Saill White <saill@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 10:27:42 -0800
On 11/24/2006 10:07 PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Not sure whether you have seen these reactions, especially the first
> two from Ubuntu folks are interesting to read:
>
> http://www.advogato.org/person/Burgundavia/diary.html?start=113
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2006-November/022578.html
> http://www.novell.com/coolblogs/?p=648
> http://daniel.molkentin.de/blog/index.php?/archives/58-Ubuntus-Quest-for-OpenSUSE-Developers.html
> http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2553

All questions of divisiveness and GPL-fidelity aside, two things impress me deeply here.

1. Grand Ubuntu Poobah's cojones in coming forth as an individual and issuing such an invitation.

2. The freedom and public openness with which others in the organization state their views on their leader's decision.

Quite remarkable.

Saill