Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-project] Invitation to OpenSUSE developers
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 08:06:23 +0100

Clayton wrote:
>> http://www.novell.com/coolblogs/?p=648
>
> Your (Andreas')comments on your blog are really what would be the most
> productive... if Ubunutu and openSUSE were to collaborate in a

collaborate ? hahahahahahaaahahahhaHHahahah.. lol... sorry...

> combined effort to educate people about Linux.... well the results
> would be very interesting.

Where have you seen distributions collaborate, lately ? or at all ?
And don't tell me Debian and Ubuntu, that's abuse (Ubuntu abusing
Debian, not the opposite), not collaboration.

Distributions that have some sort of commercial interests (such as
Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu, not even to mention SLES and RHES) don't
collaborate, they are competing, by definition.

While Fedora and SUSE are non-enterprise, pretty much non-commercial
distros, their primary goal (for Redhat and Novell, respectively) is to
have as much "market share" as possible to sell as much of their
enterprise distribution as possible (RHES and SLED/SLES, respectively).

cheers
- --