Re: [opensuse] Goodbye to suse
  • From: ted leslie <tleslie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 17:00:25 -0500
On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 16:34 -0500, JJ Gitties wrote:
> On 11/13/06, Stan Glasoe <srglasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For JJ, dishonesty is the best policy. Sounds very
> Microsoft-ish to "market"
> something in that manner...
>
> It's my form of protest. If you read Samba groups open letter to
> Novell (it's been circulating in the net media today), i think they
> perfectly express much better than me why I am so against what Novell
> did. In my books, it's perfectly find to be a member of the community
> and be pissed.
>

> --
> jjgitties,
>
> "*We* need to convince OpenSUSE to fork, or let 'em die. To bad, it is
> a wonderful Distro. But their parent company is NOT our friend."

I agree, i like to see the feed back in the group to see how the
community is taking it.

BTW, HP/Compaq is a large company that offers Linux indemnification,
just like Novell does, but Novell is smaller and it used its patent
portfolio as barter (against MS) to get such indemnifaction.
HP also LOVES MS, sells millions of their OS's (and other product), and
when ever you by HP/Compaq, you generate HP profit, that goes to selling
more MS OS's,
and HP is good to the Linux community too, just like Novell, HP
sponsors Linux directly, see the exposure they get on www.linux.org for
donating the servers for Linux.
Better not buy any HP product, printer, servers, .... they are evil MS
sympathizers!!! Lets see, so is Dell, IBM, AMD, TYAN, INTEL, ASUS, so is
(...... insert name of just about every company here. ....) ....
so i ask my self, why is Novell being singled out, to top it all off,
they have helped out Linux/FLOSS more then most,
to bad people don't understand how a patent portfolio barter is, and how
it has nothing to do with the GPL , its just bartered indemnification.

I guess the most significant thing about this MS/Novell announcement is
it shows that their are many Linux users (community) that when it comes
to the Fud'ster meter, make Ballmer look like a mute, even on a good
day, which is a scary thought, and really makes the community look bad.

-tl