Re: [opensuse] Doubts about OpenSuse Project
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:55:25 +0100
Anderson Fernandes de Alencar a écrit :

If, somehow, we have serious problems in the future because of this
relation, are we able to maintain without Novell support, the OpenSuse?

clearly not. We have nearly no developpers (for what makes openSUSE different, that is YaST and customisation) outside of Novell and the distribution building script is not yet available

The community has total access to the source of the distribution?

to the package sources, yes AFAIK

don't forget also than all the hardware/network infrastructure is novell's.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO