Re: [opensuse] Goodbye to suse
  • From: "JJ Gitties" <jj.gitties@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:52:23 -0500
On 11/13/06, Hans van der Merwe <hvdmerwe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But.... without starting one of those boring anti MS threads: What does
this really mean for OpenSUSE users? Aren't this just the thing to prove
that big corps cant kill Distros (as long as they are fully OSS)?

Ahhh . well thats the $64,000 question, isn't it? Will core developers leave
OpenSUSE and move to work on another project? Will the net result be that
the OpenSUSE project will degrade in quality because it lost major brain
power behind it? If the OpenSUSE project/product/distro starts to suck,
users will naturally flock to a "better" distro.

Time will tell I guess.

--
jjgitties,

"*We* need to convince OpenSUSE to fork, or let 'em die. To bad, it is a
wonderful Distro. But their parent company is NOT our friend."