Re: [opensuse] Goodbye to suse
  • From: "JJ Gitties" <jj.gitties@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:45:34 -0500
On 11/13/06, SheridanJ West <sheridanj.west@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Maybe/maybe not some us remember the netware days, and the days when
wordperfect was the 'thing'. I imagine in five years time novell will
be wondering 'wow how did that happen' and Novell will be once again
trying to redefine 'Novell'.

Yeah, but you can't completely blame Novell for WordPerfect. The problem
with WordPerfect was that at first, it didn't really transition gracefully
from DOS to Windows. And thats where MS Word gobbled up market share. Blame
the Wordperfect developers more than Novell marketing for that one. Just my
opinion.

--
jjgitties,

"*We* need to convince OpenSUSE to fork, or let 'em die. To bad, it is a
wonderful Distro. But their parent company is NOT our friend."
< Previous Next >