[opensuse] Zypper package manager available for 10.1 and 10.2
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 16:15:43 +0100
(posting again now that I am subscribed. sorry for any dupes.)

Zypper (http://en.opensuse.org/Zypper) is a command line package
manager. It is a native frontend for libzypp.

It is available in openSUSE 10.2 and today I have built it for
10.1 too, so that you can test it with the many patches that are
already out there.

It is available in Factory:
http://ftp.opensuse.org/pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/
and in
http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~martin/misc/zypper/

(I have tried to use the build service for 10.1 but there libzypp is
unpatched and too old :-( )

The version currently in Factory, 0.5.2, does nothing for "update -t
package". That is implemented in 0.6.0, available on artax.

Enjoy and file bugs on component libzypp, mentioning zypper in the
subject. (See also http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs/YaST)

--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner