Re: [SLE] Why this mailing list can not reply to it self?
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 01:55:41 -0400
On July Saturday 15 2006 12:22 am, Felix Miata wrote in an electronic
and somewhat quixotic manner:
> On 06/07/14 10:48 (GMT-0400) Jerry Feldman apparently typed:
> > While I am certainly not a fan of Outlook or Outlook express, I
> > don't think I would categorize it as not a good email client.
>
> "Not good" is a gross understatement. They:
>
> 1-Default to lack of standard quote marks on quoted text
> 2-Strip standard reference headers when replying (breaks threading)
> 3-Default to top posting

OMG!! That explains so much.. No wonder so many folks think that is
correct.. ( As I've said so often, I never USED that OS where that
would even be a potential client.
> 4-Make it impossible or near impossible for a n00b to figure out how
> to make not top post

But, a small amount of moderately critical thinking , nothing that
requires S.Hawking's brain nor that of one of his colleagues to realize
one would then get the answer before the question. Not a problem
( maybe) to the OP, but It can be a nightmare for the rest of us, let
alone someone not on the list when the question first came up.. ( as
was the case w/ this "question" and OP ) and probably contributes to
the difficulty searching the archives for this question in particular.

<snip>

" I'm sorry, I don't have time to learn or remember all this computer
mumbo jumbo,I'm a busy person." Those are the kind of days one *might*
wish to have taken his mouse , or his keyboard ,perhaps change his
passwords(?) when one went on vacation. ;D