Re: [SLE] SPAM: unsubscribe
  • From: Rikard Johnels <rikard.j@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 19:55:56 +0200
On Sunday 16 July 2006 19:00, James D. Parra wrote:
> Well, what do you know? There it is in the header, just as the footer
> states.
>
> ~~~
> Mailing-List: contact suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
> list-help: <mailto:suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx>
> list-unsubscribe:
> list-post: <mailto:suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx>
> ~~~
>
> You would think that anyone using Linux, wanting to use Linux, or just
> curious about Linux, would be, to any degree, a propeller head by nature.
> If you have the patience to learn about a 'hands-on' OS like Linux you
> probably want to figure out how to unsubscribe from a Linux list also.
>
> It must be pure laziness.
>
> ~James
>
> --

I disagree there.
I have quite a few friends who want to venture into this cool world of Linux,
that are complete computer illiterates.
Their idea of a computer is a gameconsole with web, hotmail and chat
possibilities. I dont even trust them to be able to successfully install any
kind of software aside from the viruses they get infested with just cause
"'firewall' and 'antivirus' are two very complicated issues not understood by
'mere mortals'"...

"Header? Thats the From/To and Subject line right?"

So not "knowing how to" has nothing to do with "lazyness"

--
         /Rikard

email   : rikard.j@xxxxxxxxxx
web     : http://www.rikjoh.com
mob: : +46 (0)763 19 76 25
< 15 28 DF 78 67 98 B2 16 1F D3 FD C5 59 D4 B6 78  46 1C EE 56 >