Re: [SLE] SPAM: unsubscribe
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 14:42:29 -0400
On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 19:55 +0200, Rikard Johnels wrote:
> On Sunday 16 July 2006 19:00, James D. Parra wrote:

> I disagree there.
> I have quite a few friends who want to venture into this cool world of Linux,
> that are complete computer illiterates.
> Their idea of a computer is a gameconsole with web, hotmail and chat
> possibilities. I dont even trust them to be able to successfully install any
> kind of software aside from the viruses they get infested with just cause
> "'firewall' and 'antivirus' are two very complicated issues not understood by
> 'mere mortals'"...
>
> "Header? Thats the From/To and Subject line right?"
>
> So not "knowing how to" has nothing to do with "lazyness"

They are considered lazy if they won't click on the pull downs or even
look on their own. If they are that illiterate then I don't know how
they managed to subscribe in the first place.

The better question that should have been asked is:

"I am having problems understanding how to unsubscribe from this list,
can anyone assist me."

Then they would have received all the help they need. Someone could have
even done it for them and all they would have to do is reply to the
confirmation email.

--
Ken Schneider