Re: [SLE] SPAM: unsubscribe
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:47:30 -0400
On Monday 17 July 2006 00:22, Felix Miata wrote:
> Another reason for the laugh is the reason he wanted to unsubscribe in
> the first place. That's really a circular problem. He calls mail from
> this list spam, and it's partly because of threads like this he
> developed that opinion. When someone sends an unsubscribe message to the
> list, there's absolutely no good reason to send a reply to it back to
> all however many thousand subscribers there are on this list. All it
> does is create spam threads like this one, and keep the noise level up.

Felix:

Since you started this problem I am very surprised you let it go on so
long....

The unsubscribe email you mention above was sent WRONGLY to the list. It
should not go there and it got sent to all users on the list because the
mailer doesn't distinguish it from any other emails sent to the list.

The fact that your nephew (he wants to program something??) can't figure
something as simple as getting off this list is no reason to blame the list
mailer because it was sent an INCORRECT unsub request.