Re: [SLE] Linux Hardware purchase/ Software reccomendations
  • From: lerninlinux@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 00:59:09 +0000

From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> At 07:00 PM 5/9/2006 +0000, lerninlinux@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> >I am looking for a webcam for a Linux box. It's been YEARS since I even
> messed with a webcam, but do to a friends house being repeatedly broken
> into, he wants to set up a webcam, and find some motion activated software,
> to email the images.
> >
> >1. Don't most usb webcams work nowdays?
> >2. Anyone used a motion activated web notification program.
> >
> >Thanks for the help
> >Randal
> >
> Computers are useful, but this is a job for an alarm monitoring
> company. What do you do if you're eating lunch in the cafeteria
> when the burglars break in? Or you're driving to work? etc., etc.

My question still stands. When they live in the country it takes a bit from the time the alarm goes off. Also, some family is involved, which means they would have things like alarm codes, so the computer is a secret backup.
No matter what you do, if they want in/it bad enough, they will get it.
Randal