Re: [SLE] "start printer" by ordinary user
  • From: "Kai Ponte" <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 11:09:10 -0700

> * Frank Bax <fbax@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [05-10-06 11:41]:
> > You deleted the part of my message where I said that these systems
> > require "Administration mode" and root password before the "right click
> > - start" works. What did you do to your system so that step is not
> > needed?
>
> Try: man lppasswd

Okay, now he's gonna be totally lost. Sending a newbie to a man page is
like telling an English speaking person to grab a Russian dictionary and
read Pravda (http://www.pravda.ru/).

> CUPS passwords are separate from system passwords.

...for some wierd unfathonable reason.

http://www.cups.org/articles.php?L275=

This should help.

--
kai ponte
www.perfectreign.com || www.livebeans.com

linux - genuine windows replacement part