Re: [SLE] 10.1 bittorrent ?
  • From: S Glasoe <srglasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 14:52:42 -0500
On Wednesday 10 May 2006 2:31 pm, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> On 5/10/06, S Glasoe <srglasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > There hasn't been any Official Announcement from Novell SUSE Linux -
> > yet. These may very well be the official GM's (Gold Masters). Have to
> > wait and see or bittorrent them and wait and see.
> >
> > Stan
>
> I joined the swarm about an hour ago. Only have 1% so far, so the
> swarm is not doing too well yet. Maybe if a bunch more people would
> join it would go faster. I'm using ktorrent and it says currently
> there are 15 seeds and 117 leachers.
>
> Surprisingly my share ratio 1.23, so I'm uploading more than I'm
> pulling. Maybe some more people with decent upload pipes could join
> in?
>
> Greg

I'm starting with the ppc version and the non-oss/CD6 for both ppc and i586.
I'm filling my download bandwidth at 700-850KB/s on cable broadband.
Seeding as I go too. For me, bittorrent is really performing almost as well
as ftp download these days. It hasn't always been this way. Wish I had a
clue as to how I fixed it!

Stan

< Previous Next >