Re: [SLE] Skype sound problems in 10.0
  • From: Peter Nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 19:40:05 +0100
On Thursday 11 May 2006 12:33, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
> On Thursday 11 May 2006 04:06, Carl Hartung wrote:
> > On Wednesday 10 May 2006 15:56, Peter Nikolic wrote:
> > > May be you have a lot o9f a typo there /dev/dsp-1 thats should
> > > be /dev/dsp1 ..
> >
> > Nice catch, Peter!
> >
> > I don't know if that setting is entered manually or selected from a
> > drop-down list... we'll have to wait for Constant to check in, I guess.
>
> Could be the solution. Must be a bug because I did not do any manual
> "labor" and to be honest, I cannot remember to have chosen anything at a
> drop-down list. Still do not exactly know what dsp means ;). And the result
> as shown in my last post was copied as is from a console.
>
> Where do I start changing dsp-1 into dsp1?

I would have thought

"cd /dev
"l dsp-1
if dsp-1 is the device itself then as you say there must be a bug i have not
got the same problem here .

I hope that dsp-1 is a link to dsp

if it is then

"rm dsp-1
"ln-s dsp1 dsp

I think that is the correct way round can never remember see "man ln" for
more info ..

Pete .

--
The Labour party has changed their emblem from a rose to a condom as
it more accurately reflects the government's political stance.

A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next
generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of
security while you are actually being fucked.

from GSM

< Previous Next >