Re: [SLE] Skype sound problems in 10.0
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <cbroueriusvannidek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 21:44:46 +0700
On Saturday 13 May 2006 01:34, Carl Hartung wrote:
> On Friday 12 May 2006 13:21, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
> > Carl,
> > Back again and in the startblocks for a new attack on my system.
> > Did exactly as you proposed to do and end up with the usual info.
> >
> > The content from the alsa configuration is as follows:
> > Starting alsaconf: Fri May 12 21:35:00 WIT 2006
> > sb16 isapnp=0
> > sb8 dma8=1 irq=5
> > sb8 dma8=3 irq=5
> > Starting alsaconf: Fri May 12 21:36:05 WIT 2006
> >
> > Again /dev/dsp and dsp1.
>
> Constant,
>
> Did I screw up and confuse your system with another system I'm
> 'troubleshooting'? I don't recall picking up on a second sound card/chip.
> If the motherboard has built-in sound that isn't disabled in the BIOS, the
> installer will pick up both digital signal processors and generate a dsp
> and dsp1 :-/
>
> Are you using the on-board sound?
>
> Can you send me a .pdf of the mainboard manual... or a link?

Dear Carl,
No screw up on your side. I have a soundcardles board and a PCI sound card.
It was not possible to delete the card(s) that where found on the system so I
took the sound card out and got a fresh possibility to setup my card. Did it
with alsa as you proposed after rm several files. and stopping starting
rcalsasound etc. Was a good idea but it did not help any.
Think that I return to my full functioning but slower 9.3 where by the way I
have dsp dsp1 dsp2 and dsp3
Do not ask me why. They are just there ;)
Think I wait for 10.1 or 10.3.
Thanks for the help. Was a plesure.