Re: [opensuse] ATI fglrx and GLX
  • From: Christoph Thiel <cthiel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 23:09:45 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 10 May 2006, Michal Hlavac wrote:

> I found cool cool solution ;)
> http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/17174.html
>
> but this cool solution is not so cool for ati users...
> Is there some problem with ati graphics card and fglrx driver???
>
> I am asking about suse 10.1

I'm using the fglrx driver (version 8.24.8) on my T41p and I'm actually
running Xgl on it. So, no, there is no problem with it ;)

For the installation instructions for the fglrx driver check back with:

http://www.suse.de/~sndirsch/ati-installer-HOWTO.html

Please also note, that you should use gdm with the fglrx driver and Xgl,
to workaround a bug in the driver. The detailed instructions can be found
at http://en.opensuse.org/Xgl_Troubleshooting

I guess I don't need to mention http://en.opensuse.org/Xgl

Regards
Christoph