Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 07:56:56 +0200
The default installation of SuSE printers uses A4 paper, which will cause your
printer to hang up. It happened to me and it took a while to figure out what
was going on. CUPS also has to be told (separately, I think) what the paper
size is. For Americans, it should be letter size. The setting is in the
filter parameters of the printer.

Well..... A4 is the international ISO stadard for paper size. Now you
know the frustration for 5 billion other people on earth who try to
use pretty much any software/OS that defaults to US Letter..

If only standards were... standards.

C.