Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!
  • From: "Theo v. Werkhoven" <twe-suse.e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:32:09 +0200
Sat, 29 Apr 2006, by smaug42@xxxxxxxxx:

> >The default installation of SuSE printers uses A4 paper, which will cause
> >your
> >printer to hang up. It happened to me and it took a while to figure out
> >what
> >was going on. CUPS also has to be told (separately, I think) what the
> >paper
> >size is. For Americans, it should be letter size. The setting is in the
> >filter parameters of the printer.
>
> Well..... A4 is the international ISO stadard for paper size. Now you
> know the frustration for 5 billion other people on earth who try to
> use pretty much any software/OS that defaults to US Letter..

Not to mention all the engineers in the 21th century who have to
have to revert to 18th century measurement "standards" when they try
to speak with their US collegues.

Theo
--
Theo v. Werkhoven Registered Linux user# 99872 http://counter.li.org
ICBM 52 13 26N , 4 29 47E. + ICQ: 277217131

< Previous Next >