Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:17:07 +0200
On Saturday 29 April 2006 14:44, James Knott wrote:
> Anders Johansson wrote:
> > My favourite is the Canadian incident, where they ordered the amount of
> > fuel in kilos but received it in pounds, so they went flying with half a
> > tank
>
> Incidentally, planes often fly with less than full tanks. They carry
> only enough to reach their destination, plus a margin for safety. To
> always fly with full tanks would simply waste fuel and money.

Is this relevant? What are you saying? Are you suggesting they glided to save
money on fuel?

"No, ladies and gentlemen, it wasn't a mistake, we did it in an effort to keep
ticket prices down in the face of a world wide oil shortage. In future, we
will also be looking closely at related efforts, such as travel by cannon"