Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:39:42 +1000
Anders Johansson wrote:
On Saturday 29 April 2006 14:11, Carlos E. R. wrote:
The Saturday 2006-04-29 at 13:32 +0200, Theo v. Werkhoven wrote:
Well..... A4 is the international ISO stadard for paper size. Now you
know the frustration for 5 billion other people on earth who try to
use pretty much any software/OS that defaults to US Letter..
Not to mention all the engineers in the 21th century who have to
have to revert to 18th century measurement "standards" when they try
to speak with their US collegues.
And that was the cause of the failure of one (two?) NASA missions to Mars:
wrong unit conversions.

My favourite is the Canadian incident, where they ordered the amount of fuel in kilos but received it in pounds, so they went flying with half a tank
ROFL!

Cheers.

--
I was very heavily into pornography. Then my pornograph broke.

< Previous Next >