Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 18:09:02 -0400
into electronic streams flowing thru the cosmos On Saturday 29 April
2006 1:56 am, Clayton wrote:
> > The default installation of SuSE printers uses A4 paper, which will
> > cause your printer to hang up. It happened to me and it took a
> > while to figure out what was going on. CUPS also has to be told
> > (separately, I think) what the paper size is. For Americans, it
> > should be letter size. The setting is in the filter parameters of
> > the printer.
>
> Well..... A4 is the international ISO stadard for paper size. Now
> you know the frustration for 5 billion other people on earth who try
> to use pretty much any software/OS that defaults to US Letter..
>
> If only standards were... standards.
OR if, at least software creators understood that users need to be able
to EASILY change settings. Consider someone traveling between such
"standards" w/ a laptop but needing to print a document..
bah!
it's a mess..

"When You Earnestly Believe You Can Compensate For A Lack Of Skill By
Doubling Your Efforts, There's No End To What You Can't Do."

< Previous Next >