Re: [opensuse] SUSE, OpenSUSE, SUSE Linux: confused...
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:52:53 +0100
houghi wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 04:30:11PM +1100, Peter Flodin wrote:
>> It was even worse before 10.1 because openSUSE the project created
>> SUSE Linux OSS, and Novell distributed SUSE Linux.
>>
>> I am slowly warming to the idea to leave things as they are now.
>
> Now that the SUSE and SUSE OSS is gone, I also would like to leave it as
> it is. Otherwise you could start confusing people more. The retail version
> will always be SUSE.
>
> Just keep repeating that openSUSE is the comunity and SUSE is the
> distribution. Wether people will go woth it is something I doubt. Many
> people still write SuSE instead of SUSE, no matter how often you explain
> it to them.
>
> houghi
may be keeping writing "openSUSE project" in place of a bare
"opensuse" anywhere in the wiki.

what about a template {{OSP}} like "openSUSE project"?

do openSUSE need the 'tm' mark? I don't think so, but don't
know for sure.

(I beging to play with templates, thanks to pflodo examples
http://fr.opensuse.org/Modèles :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net