rar binary for SuSE x86_64?
  • From: Mark Nenadov <marknenadov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 11:53:22 -0500
Hello,

I'm a new SuSE user. I switched to SuSE 10.0 x86_64 from Fedora x86,
and I'm loving it.

I've noticed that the RAR RPM specifically for the x86_64 is not
available in the SuSE distribution and it doesn't seem to be available
anywhere on the web (I already have the UNRAR RPM installed for
x86_64).

This isn't a big deal because I downloaded the binary tarball of RAR
for Linux from the RAR site and it works. But I'd rather use an RPM as
specifically compiled for my current architecture as possible.

Is this possibly because the UNRAR source is available and the RAR
source is not? (I'm not sure if the rar source is available) I suppose
that would explain why they couldn't make an x86_64 RPM? I'd
appreciate some information.

~Mark

< Previous Next >