Re: [SLE] Network Confusion (Long Post)
  • From: Eric Hines <eehines@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 18:53:14 -0600
At 01/07/06 18:00, Vince Littler wrote:
On Saturday 07 January 2006 23:27, Eric Hines wrote:
>If I understand you correctly, I think that is my set up, including
> with IP forwarding turned on. Below is my version of ASCII art, with
> more detail. I think it shows what you're talking about.

< ASCII art was munged>

> The laptop NIC has .3.1 as its default gateway, the PC NIC has .2.2
> as its default gateway, and the three NICs on the Samba server (.1.2,
> .2.2, and .3.1) all have, because of the way YaST does this, the
> Linksys as their default gateway. I think I'd like to have .2.2 and
> .3.1 each have .1.2 as their default gateway, but I don't know how to
> do that. The Hubs exist because of the physical layout of my office,
> not, unfortunately, through any special acumen on my part. However,
> each hub has only its computer and default gateway NIC plugged into it.

Do you really want these boxes to have ~.1.2 as their gateway? This, after
all, if I have read your earlier diagram right, is the outgoing interface of
the Samba PDC. I think you mean ~.1.1, your outgoing router.

Yes, the two subnets are supposed to have to go through the server box to get to the Internet, rather than having their own direct route.

Eric Hines

There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action.
--Bertrand Russell

< Previous Next >