Unable to add & mount any CD/DVD ROM
  • From: "Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru)" <andreil1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:28:37 +0000 (UTC)
Hi,

I have run into unexpected problem with SuSE 10 box, which was working fine
for some time. I have DVD-R and CDRW drives connected to the secondary IDE
bus, however, after I add them in YaST -> CD-ROM drives, press finish, no
error messages given, but nothing really happen. A corresponding entries are
being added to /etc/fstab, but if I open YaST again, they are NOT listed in
YaST -> CD-ROM drives. And if I add them again, it does not have any effect
whatsoever.

Additionally, issuing mount dev/dvdrecorder does virtually nothing (no error
messages but no mounted volume either). I have checked autofs daemon - its
running. I have even modified auto.misc, and added entries manually, again
nothing.

Hardware is OK - booting into Windoze make drives work.

Any idea what might get wrong?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion(s)

  • No further messages