Re: [SLE] Menu font for Firefox (DPI & PT)
  • From: marbux <marbux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 05:40:09 +0000 (UTC)
Thank you ever so much for educating me on a critical factor. I have
bookmarked the links you posted and will give them some public
exposure on the web site I maintain. I'm sure you are aware that many
people are coding CSS without specifying relative rather than absolute
type sizes. I now understand much better why you were pointing me at
the system DPI setting.

I am working on my Windows partitions at the moment (still waiting for
a couple of critical app improvements before I can abandon Windows
entirely).. But I will check my Linux DPI settings later tonight and
report back.

However, a further question regarding the example CSS code on the
Mozilla customizing web page: Are millimeter type sizes not absolute
as well? Shouldn't that code be edited to reflect relative rather than
absolute type sizes. (I realize that "absolute" is probably not the
right term here, given the discussion in the linked pages.)

Thank you again. It is always a pleasure to stumble across someone
with expertise in an important area. Please feel free to contact me
directly by email.

--Marbux