Re: [SLE] Menu font for Firefox [SOLVED]
  • From: "Paul W. Abrahams" <abrahams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 04:20:00 +0000 (UTC)
I'm the one who started this discussion, and with the help of some advice I
got a while ago, I've finally gotten the Firefox menu bar fonts to behave the
way I want them to under KDE. The solution I've adopted does not involve any
fiddling with DPI; I assume, possibly wrongly, that the reason the fonts are
small is that the Gnome defaults are deliberately chosen that way.

You need to have gnome-control-center installed. Go to gnome-control-center
and select, in an obvious way, the font and size that gladdens your heart.
You can choose the face as well as the size -- something that DPI twiddling
won't give you. Start up Firefox and you'll see the font you want -- but it
won't persist between sessions.

To make it persist between sessions, you need to do one more thing: insert
into your ~/.xinitrc file the line

gnome-settings-daemon &

Now all will be well for the rest of your days.

Paul