Re: [SLE] Menu font for Firefox [SOLVED]
  • From: John Coldrick <jc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:12:33 +0000 (UTC)
On Friday 18 November 2005 23:17, Paul W. Abrahams wrote:
> To make it persist between sessions, you need to do one more thing: insert
> into your ~/.xinitrc file the line

This has been discussed in a concurrent thread - the trouble I've had with
this solution(which does indeed work) is that the gnome daemon fights with
the KDE daemon, and can give you troublesome results. For instance, I never
use screensavers - after this screensavers suddenly started running. I don't
have gnome fully installed, thus I can configure this off. Same for
key-repeats - I think you'll find gnome is now controlling that instead of
KDE. For those of us with very specific keyboard settings, this isn't a very
good scenario.

My question is why the gtk engine isn't handling this wort of stuff properly
in KDE. That's what it's designed to do!

Cheers,

J.C.

--
John Coldrick www.axyzfx.com Axyz Animation