Re: [opensuse] Packages from a user and Packager perspective
  • From: Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 16:10:41 +0530
Monday 05 Sep 2005 12:02 samaye Andreas Girardet alekhiit:

> A few days ago a discussion on the opensuse-optimize mailinglist was
> started about the future of our distro in regard to its building blocks,
> the packages. A suggestion was made to extend this discussion to this
> list and invite anyone on here to add their ideas. SUSE.de has already
> signaled that this would be a fantastic brainstorming opportunity for
> us, since once 10.0 is released there will be certainly decisions needed
> on how to proceed on that subject. The community build servers are not

Are we looking at a different kind of package other than RPM or DEB here?
Rathen than a *Red Hat* Package Manager file - is there any necessity/scope
for an openSUSE Package Manager file - OPM? (Too close to opium, yikes!)

Nothing against Red Hat of course [nods to the friendly spies], but just being
a little bit extra pro-SuSE. :)

--

   (o-   Penguin #395953 lives at http://samvit.org
   //\   subsisting on ancient Indian wisdom ...