Re: [opensuse] Packages from a user and Packager perspective
  • From: Andreas Simon <andreas.w.simon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 12:06:55 +0200
On Monday 05 September 2005 16:42, houghi wrote:
> What I would like is to have pro-active looking for RPM's. e.g. look at
> the rss feed from freshmeat.net. If a new files arrives, check if it is
> already added to the packaging and if not add it.

IIRC Gentoo has a script which checks freshmeat daily and informs package
maintainers about new versions. Something like this could be a first start.

Another thing which would be cool would be to automatically check other
distribuions' bug-tracking systems for patches. The aim would be to make such
patches and bug fixes easily available to the openSUSE's package maintainers.
Surely they couldn't be applied automatically but having them compiled in a
nice list would be very convenient. Isn't Ubuntu working on such a thing in
the long term?

Cheers,
Andreas

< Previous Next >