Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.4?
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:18:55 -0400
On August Wednesday 03 2005 1:15 am, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 August 2005 7:06 pm, Jordan Michaels wrote:
> > Any idea when the next version of SuSE is supposed to be released?
> >
> > I know it's supposed to be at regular intervals, but I don't know when
> > those intervals start or how long their duration is...
> >
> > Thanks for letting me ask a silly question. ;)
>
> The "normal" cycle would put it at Oct. or Nov. Reportedly, there are
> MAJOR changes/improvements in the next release, so it could be a tad
> further down the road, as SUSE attempts to take a big bite out of
> MickySoft's desktop market.
<snip>

Thank heavens! I thought this idea was NEVER going to catch on ! We keep
telling folks it aint nearly as hard to switch users to Suse ( or most
other boxed distros.) Here's your email, there is your browser, and that
is your office product, or whatever part of it is needed..) After that no
one cares.. as long as there are ways to do the job easily ;-) after all
no one wants to have to relearn what they think they know already. Not
unless there is more money involved anyway.. ;-)