Re: [opensuse] Ahain a new version of makeSUSEdvd
  • From: Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:05:02 +0200
On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 11:20:16PM -0600, Andreas Girardet wrote:
> I like your idea! To get around that one of us that knows how to (not
> me), can write a program that creates an iso of the install type you
> actually want/need by downloading the packages and use the .sel files to
> construct whatever iso type they want. So if you install minimal, it
> will be minimal, with kde it will be that and so on. And even better
> have a Linux, Windows and Mac (ppc) program that does it. Probably
> written in C#/mono? And a bittorrent type of system with trackers
> downloading packages in a distributed manner from ftp/http sources
> around the world. That way load can be distributed and so on. Kind of
> what jigdo does, just much more user friendly really, since our goal is
> to be the most user friendly / usable distro.

But as a first shot one could use jigdo. There is even a client for Windows
and Mac users. If you maintain the current situation until you have
implemented the perfect system you will maintain the current system forever.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele Tel.: +49-621-181-2214
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker mailto:rschiele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx