Re: [SLE] SuSe 9.3 pro iso downloads
  • From: Arun Khan <knura@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:41:13 +0530
On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 16:12 -0400, Ken Schneider wrote:

> There is no install DVD available for download. The only 64 bit iso is
> for network install only.
>

>From what I have seen about the DVD on Novell's site, it is a parred
down version of the boxed 32/64 bit editions. Here are the md5sum and
the DVD size.

SUSE-LINUX-9.3-Eval-DVD.iso 04d2ebe4e0b8b00bc83cdc180a79e667 4.5 GB

A friend has a similar DVD for 9.2. It can install 32 or 64 bit
version. Such a CD existed for up to SuSE 6.x, from 7.x they
discontinued it. Looks like Novell has resurrected the eval. version
from 9.x onwards.

http://downloademea.novell.com/Download?buildid=w0eJkmg6Xkw~

Excerpt from above link:

SUSE LINUX 9.3 Professional, Installable DVD Evaluation

This free offering will enable Linux users to trial the latest open
source desktop, server and application functionality that has become the
hallmark of the SUSE LINUX consumer distribution.

key features
* a comprehensive selection of applications to facilitate a wide
variety of computing tasks (office suite, email, Internet,
picture processing, multimedia and more) plus a subset of
packages for advanced users, including key networking and
development packages such as SAMBA, Apache Web server, KDevelop,
Mono and more.

* 32bit and 64bit version

* over 1,000 software packages

< Previous Next >