Updates using Red carpet blew away "My computer"
  • From: "Kelly J. Morris" <kjmlists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:56:34 -0400
Greetings - I am using SuSE Pro 9.0 with Ximian GNOME XD2. After months
of having no updates available on Red Carpet, I noticed that there were
a large number now available and so I installed them. Now, when I click
on the "My Computer" icon on the desktop, I get the following error
message:

"Nautilus has no installed viewer capable of displaying
"/home/kelly/.gnome-desktop/My Computer".

I'm not sure which update is responsible for this problem. Furthermore,
I have previously been able to downgrade as well as upgrade (and not
just remove) with Red Carpet when an update caused problems in the past,
but this option doesn't appear to be available now.

I would appreciate any assistance.

TIA KJM
--
Kelly J. Morris <kjmlists@xxxxxxxxxxx>