Re: [SLE] FireFox broken, is SuSE Pro becoming a test bed like Fedora?
  • From: Allen <gorebofh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:07:11 -0400
On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 12:14:46PM -0700, Preston Crawford wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Kevanf1 wrote:
>
> > Sorry Mike but I think his problems started with a YOU update not an
> > upgrade. YOU updates should really be stable.
>
> Indeed. This is what happened. And they should be stable.
>
> Preston

Before this gets out of hand:

Features, hardware support, and stability, are three things and none of
them are related. If you want features to make it rival Windows, don't
expect stability. If you want good hardware support, same thing, new
hardwre can't work unless it isn't tested as much. If you spend all the
time testing for bugs it doesn't get released.

SUSE is the only distro onn earth that I've ever seen mix these all
together without being unstable.

Look at the most stable OSs in the World:

BSD

Solaris

AIX

Slackware

Now when is the last time you saw any of those have flashy new features?

SUSE can easily stay up, I've never had it crash and I use FTP, HTTP, and a
million things on it and the box isn't even near the RAM it should have. It
doesn't crash.

Firefox is a flash new browser, if you want stability instead, use Netcat.