Re: [SLE] OpenOffice 2.0 (was FireFox broken, is SuSE Pro becoming a test bed like Fedora?)
  • From: Preston Crawford <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 01:15:39 -0700
On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 04:05 -0400, Allen wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 12:58:20AM -0700, Preston Crawford wrote:

> > > And you're clearly a retard. You've been told 900 times (Almost once for
> >
> > Is this what the mailing list has come to? Name calling? You've got to
> > be kidding me.
>

> I was hoping you were. After 12 hours I'm thinking you just might be
> serious.

I am serious. You, I'm not sure what your deal is.

> > > each mail you've sent bitching) to tell SUSE, not us. If a browser is oh so
> > > simple like firefox is (Your words) then build your own.
> >
> > You don't get it.
>
> You'r right, because I've yet to have the same problem you've got and I
> have 4 versions of SUSE running here. I haven't even gotten a stability
> issue, and it would seem no one else on this list has either.

Actually, a couple have. One emailed me and I supplied at least some
help to rollback to a previous version. I think that was email 8764.

> > #1 - I fixed the problem by rolling back to a previous version of
> > Firefox. The other 899 emails (a specious number, anyway) are regarding
> > the general stability of SUSE these days. A generally respectful
> > discussion, minus posts like yours.
>
> Don't expect respect. I know I'm not the only one tired of seeing your
> mails which have been whinning. I didn't find one bit of "respectful
> discussion". You come off as a child.

????

I came off as a child for complaining about the stability of a YOU
update? Is this not a place to discuss SUSE or am I wrong?

> > #2 - I never said firefox is simple. I said it's basic functionality for
> > an OS. i.e. Functionality that should be tested before being released.
> > Why you can't understand that, I don't know.
>
> Uhhh, no, you said simple, I have the mail right here.

I said "basic" and what I meant is entirely different from how you read
it.

> > > After reading the rest of your mails it astounds me you've managed not to
> > > drool on your machine enough to kill it or you, and you have this aura
> >
> > Yet more personal insults.
>
> Yet more whining.

Pointing out that you can't do anything more than insult people is
whining?

> > > about you like you're threatning US that you'll swict to another distro if
> > > the big bad wolf doesn't fix your damn browser. SUse, we don't get paid for
> > > anything here, it would be aBLESSING if you chose Fedora, go whine to them
> > > and fill THEIR lists with your constant dribble.
> >
> > I think SuSE cares to keep customers. People like you may enjoy
> > insulting people instead of helping them, but I think SuSE might care
> > that people are starting to consider the distribution unstable and
> > reconsidering whether it's worth paying for. Thus my comments. Nothing
> > more. Definitely not worthy of your derision and rudeness.
>
> My OS isn't finished but if I ever market it, you can be sure if someone
> started complaining this badly instead of telling the developers about the
> problem, I'd personally pay for a copy of another OS and have it sent to
> your house.

okay.....

Anyway, can we end this now? Are you done yelling at me?

Preston