Re: [SLE] FireFox broken, is SuSE Pro becoming a test bed like Fedora?
  • From: Preston Crawford <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 01:33:52 -0700
On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 04:24 -0400, Allen wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 01:11:20AM -0700, Preston Crawford wrote:

> > > So because they released a browser fix that you alone seem to be having...
> > > Wait I forgot, all those usenet news sites saying the same things.... So
> > > all of it is untested and buggy?
> >
> > I didn't say all of it. Once again, you're going off the deep end. I'm
> > simply saying I've read of problems with 9.3. And then when I personally
> > see crucial components being released as untested and buggy I look at
> > the big picture and I start to worry. The kind of response I was hoping
> > for was "don't worry, SUSE is on top of it" or "those are aberrations
> > still". Something to let me know that I'm wrong. Something beyond just
> > hurling insults and calling me names.
>

> And I look at the fact when 9.2 came out the SAME things were said. and you
> knwo what? When 9.1 came out, SAME stuff (Oh this is terrible everything is
> buggy and look what they did!")... I hear it every time a new release comes
> out. Don't tell me you would not get tired of it. It happens every 6
> months for a month, meaning after you finally stop I only have 5 months
> until it happens again.

So don't read the emails. That's simple enough. I don't have the
bandwidth to read this list all the time. So I only pop on once in a
while to check the pulse of the community or to see why something is
going wrong and if I'm alone. I wouldn't stay on here, read it all, then
fly of the handle at people, as you seem prone to doing.

> > > Yea, that's logical... I've watched you sit and whine about how your
> > > browser is all broken and then threaten to use Fedora.... Lol, have you
> > > ever actually USED Fedora? My God, you couldn't get up2date to download the
> > > updates without it freezing... You have to download like 10 at a time so it
> > > doesn't freeze up on you and then you have to sart it again hoping it won't
> > > freeze again.
> >
> > I've used FC before. Used it for a year without problems. My little
> > brother still uses FC1 and he's a Linux noob.
>
> After 200 installs ( and for once I'm not beng sarcastic) up2date was about
> as stable as Windows ME.

Well, that's your experience. And since you're so quick to call my
experience irrelevant then why should I give any more credence to your
experience?

> > > Lol, you go install Fedora and tell me it's as unstable as SUSE is. I've
> > > never used a Linux distro as bad as Fedora. The updates in SUSE are what
> > > you're whining about, and after 9000 times you won't email SUSE, you know,
> >
> > It's up to 9000 times now?
>
> Open up a dictionary. Turn to the pages that hold meanings for satyricon,
> and sarcasm.

I know what sarcasm is. I know that's what you're "attempting" to do.
But usually sarcasm is funny. Not just mean and rude. Mean and rude are
just that, mean and rude.

> > > the people who can do something about this? EMAIL THEM ALREADY. How can
> > > they fix something they don't know?
> >
> > My... um... 9000 emails aren't about SuSE making a fix. I'll wait for
> > the fix. My... uh... 9000 emails are a discussion about the relative
> > stability of SuSE at this point. The fact that rather than joining in
> > this discussion or choosing not to join it, you choose to insult me,
> > tells me something about you. Me, I fixed the problem a long time ago.
> > I'm just concerned about SuSE as someone who has used them almost solely
> > since 8.0 (minus that year where I used Fedora also).
> >
> > > While you wait, install Fedora. Then try and update the whole system at
> > > once like you can with SUSE and Slackware, and come back and tell us it
> > > was worse.
> >
> > *sigh*
> >
> > > I have almost 100 OSs, everything from DOS to Windows to Unix to Linux,
> > > SUSE remains my top, with Slackware in second place. Free BSD may catch up
> > > with Slackware some day when they realise people don't all use a common set
> >
> > okay.... Argument ended. I can't argue with that. You proved me wrong
> > across the board.
>
> Or maybe you do know what sarcasm means.

I know what sarcasm is. You're just rude.

> Email 10000 over.
>
> You went from 9,000 to 10,000 in one message? Wow I think I know why you
> have stability issues.

I was just beating you to the punch.

Can we end this now? Or do you have more of your trademarked sarcasm for
me?

Preston