External USB Harddisk ? Suse 9.2 freezes
  • From: cbeynon@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:12:34 +0000
Hi

I?m using an external Harddisk (Western Digital External Storage 160 GB USB
2.0), formated with FAT, under Suse 9.2.
The disk is recognized and mounted without problem. When I copy or delete
a large amount of files to/from the external disk, the system freezes completly
after 30 to 60 seconds (not constant). Copying/deleting individual files
is not a problem.
The external disk works perfectly under windows XP.

Is anybody using the same disk without problem? Any Ideas?

Thank you - Christopher